Guest post by Jeff Golembiewski, Director of Product Enablement, Community Brands
We’ve all come to expect the highly personalized experiences that companies like Amazon and Netflix provide using artificial intelligence (AI). As for-profit companies provide these types of increasingly personalized experiences, your members expect the same in more areas of their lives.
In order to remain relevant, retain or grow membership, and increase revenue, AI is something your association needs to figure out.
AI superpowers for your association
AI may seem like a superpower that only Fortune 500 companies have. But using AI is well within reach for your association and can help you provide the highly personalized experiences your members have come to expect.
For example, your association can use AI technology that’s available today to do things like:
- Predict – Use predictive analytics to determine which event location will bring in the highest number of registrations. Or, use data about past behaviors to predict if a member is unlikely to renew, and then intervene before losing the membership.
- Personalize – Understand the answers members are looking for and proactively provide that information through personalized content.
- Cross-sell – Create a familiar (and effective) Amazon-like shopping experience. Recommend new purchases based on past behaviors. Feature “what other members like you purchased” to increase non-dues revenues.
- Use chatbots – Offer the ability to renew memberships via a chat bot to provide immediate response 24/7 and free up staff time.
- Automate – Send an automated email after a certain amount of time to a member who placed an item in your e-commerce shopping cart but didn’t purchase it.
The time for AI is now
It may seem like a tall order, but using artificial intelligence for your association is actually well within reach. Using a Salesforce platform-based association management system like Nimble AMS, which leverages the Salesforce Einstein AI technology, associations can become smarter, more predictive, and in tune with what members need, expect, and want.
In our webinar, Be an AI Superhero: Predict and Optimize the Member Experience, we review five “superpowers” your association can leverage with artificial intelligence to optimize your members’ experience and increase your association’s revenue. Plus, we offer up tips for how to get started with AI today. Watch the recorded webinar to learn more.
If you’re ready to go a step further, read the guide: What Every Association Should Know About Artificial Intelligence